Displays in the Paleontology Museum

 
Note: Click on the image to enlarge.
Description: Composite mount of the hadrosaur Corythosaurus, and Poundmaker's tipi, Arts and Convocation Hall, ca. 1935 When the Paleontology Museum opened to the public in 1935, it exhibited both paleontological and ethnological collections. The tipi of Chief Poundmaker (Pitikwahanapiwiyin) was transferred to the University of Alberta by Justice Lucien Dubuc in 1927, and a presentation involving representatives of the Plains Cree was held in May 1932. The tipi was moved to the Provincial Museum of Alberta upon its opening in 1967. Source: Department of Earth & Atmospheric Sciences
This record is part of the following collections: